Sandon Park and Ride CM2 7RU
Here you can find timetable information, details of fares and the route for the Sandon Park and Ride. You can also download a map of the site with directions from the map section below.
For information and timetables for the Broomfield Hospital Shuttle Bus, is available on the Broomfield Hospital Shuttle Bus
Park and Ride Timetables
A copy of the timetables for each stop can be found in the document section at the bottom of this page.
Park and Ride Routes
Fares from 1st August 2018
- Adult fare is payable for passengers aged 16 years and over.
- Child fare is payable for children aged 5 years and up to the age of 16.
- Children under 5 years old travel for free at all times.
- Adult daily: £3.60 (Monday to Friday)
- Adult weekly: £18.00
- Adult monthly: £66.50
- Child fare - daily £1 (Monday to Saturday), weekly £5, monthly £20.
- Children under 5 years old travel for free at all times
Group fare (up to 2 adults and 3 children):
- All day on weekdays: £5.00
- Weekends: £3.50 (Weekend special rate will offer better value for 1 adult (£1.50) and 1 child (£1.00) = £2.50).
Special weekend rate:
- Saturday fares for adults: £1.50
- Short hop fare between Anglia Ruskin University and City Centre: £1.00.
Park and Ride tickets are valid for both the Sandon and Chelmer Valley service and allow unlimited travel across the two routes. Tickets issued on the Park and Ride service in Chelmsford are not valid for use on the Park and Ride service in Colchester.
Short hop single fare: £1 – The short hop ticket is only valid between Anglia Ruskin University and the City Centre, and only available from the bus driver.
Card payment can be used to pay for both weekly and monthly tickets. This option is not available on daily tickets due to transaction fees.
Download 'First Bus mTickets' app from your app store. Follow the 'how to' guide to find out more.
Concessionary pass holders travel free after 9am Monday-Friday and all day Saturdays (plus all day Sundays and Bank Holidays if a special service is running).
Information on disabled access can be found on AccessAble, formerly Disabled Go.
Satnav users can find the A12/A414 junction adjacent to the site by using postcode CM2 7RU.
This is not an exact match for the location, so drivers must follow the P&R signs once they reach the junction to access the site.
Cars can exit the site after 9pm automatically through the barrier system. In emergencies customers can contact Chelmsford City Council’s CCTV Control Centre on 01245 606 299 (24 hours).