Temporarily suspend a bus stop
A party wishing to temporarily suspend a bus stop or other bus related infrastructure is required to follow the following procedure.
- Cover or remove the permanent bus stop sign.
- Establish a temporary bus stop in a safe location as close as possible to the permanent stop.
- Attach the bus stop flag at the agreed location or put up an A board or similar bus stop sign. The temporary stop must be marked with a sign stating “Bus Stop”
- Post information at the permanent bus stop location directing people to the temporary stop.
- Move any timetable information from the permanent bus stop to the temporary one if possible.
On the completion of work, the temporary bus stop sign must be removed and the permanent sign uncovered or reinstated.
In the unlikely event that no safe alternative location can be identified notices must be put up prior to the bus stop being shut informing passengers of the location of the next nearest bus stop.
Bus stop locations and operator information is publicly available online and below.