The following schemes are currently underway, due to begin in the near future, recently finished or are proposed for development. This page includes major improvement, bridge and developer schemes.
Travel improvements are significant transportation improvement opportunities that either provide a solution to an existing problem or are developed to meet future transportation needs.
In each case, information is provided to the public and interested parties on the scope and timescale of each project, its purpose, and any opportunities to respond or object to the scheme or elements of it. These are also publicised locally, in order to ensure that all affected residents and businesses have an opportunity to make their voices heard during the consultation process.
Current and future proposed travel improvements are as follows:
If you are unable to find the scheme you are interested in, it maybe now be completed.
Schemes by area
- A120 to A133 Link Road and Rapid Transport
- A133 Ipswich Road/Harwich Road improvement scheme, Colchester
- Boxted Bridge, Wick Road, Boxted, Colchester
- Brightlingsea Road / Colchester Road, Wivenhoe - traffic signal renewal
- Colchester Future Transport Strategy
- Cowdray Bridge, A133 Cowdray Avenue, Colchester
- East Bridge, East Street, Colchester
- Old Heath Road / Bourne Road / Wimpole Road / Military Road, Colchester– traffic signal renewal
- Rectory Road, Wivenhoe Carriageway Improvements
- St Botolph's Circus Roundabout
- St John's Green, Colchester Carriageway Improvements