The following schemes are currently underway, due to begin in the near future, recently finished or are proposed for development. This page includes major improvement, bridge and developer schemes.
Travel improvements are significant transportation improvement opportunities that either provide a solution to an existing problem or are developed to meet future transportation needs.
In each case, information is provided to the public and interested parties on the scope and timescale of each project, its purpose, and any opportunities to respond or object to the scheme or elements of it. These are also publicised locally, in order to ensure that all affected residents and businesses have an opportunity to make their voices heard during the consultation process.
Current and future proposed travel improvements are as follows:
If you are unable to find the scheme you are interested in, it maybe now be completed.
A120 / A133
A13 / A130:
A120 Millennium Way Slip Roads
A131 Braintree to Sudbury Route Improvements
Braintree Integrated Transport Package
Cust Hall Bridge, Toppesfield
Fentons Farm Bridge, Fentons Road, Rayne
Great Bardfield Bridge, B1057 Bridge St, Gt Bardfield
Newland Street / Collingwood Road / Maldon Road, Witham
Sculpins Bridge, Daw Street, Finchingfield
Sturmer Station Bridge, B1061 Water Lane, Sturmer
- A133 Ipswich Road Improvement Scheme, Colchester
- A134 Northern Approach Road / Wallace Road, Colchester – toucan crossing installation
- Balkerne Hill, Colchester traffic signal renewal
- Head Street / Headgate / Crouch Street / St Johns Street, Colchester
- High Street Pavement Improvements, Colchester
- Lewis Gardens, Colchester
- Marks Tey Bridge, North Lane, Marks Tey
- Marks Tey Station Bridge (VRS), North Lane, Marks Tey
- St Botolph's Circus Roundabout