A129 London Road/Little Wheatley Chase, Rayleigh
Works location and photos
About the works
As part of a planning condition 15/00736/FUL granted by Rochford District Council for the development of land adjacent to Grange Villa (near the BP Garage) by Silver City Estates, some local highway improvements are due to take place.
Works will include:
- Extending the 30mph speed limit along London Road so it will be situated 44 metres west of where it currently begins
- Upgrading the existing traffic island to pedestrian crossing refuge furnished with tactile paving
- Installing a new footpath along the southern side of London Road connecting to Little Wheatley Chase
- A new tactile crossing point across Little Wheatley Chase
- Minor remedial works outside BP Garage to utility manhole.
How it will affect you
The developer propose the following traffic restrictions.
From 21 June to 9 July 2021:
- Single file traffic with 3-way temporary signals at London Road junction with Little Wheatley Chase.
- When temporary signals are in use, their working hours will be between 7.00am and 7.00pm.
From 5 July to 11 July 2021:
- Narrow two way traffic operation – works along footway and verge areas only.
These works have been phased alongside other development works in the area, such as Wolsey Park Development on London Road, to ensure that traffic management arrangements are co-ordinated and clashes avoided to keep any anticipated travel disruption to a minimum.
We recommend however that drivers extra time when passing through the area and observe all signage in place.
Please note that dates may be subject to change if the works are affected by poor weather or if unexpected issues arise.
The developer/contractor will provide the necessary updates to any affected local residents, businesses and interested parties in advance of the works, including the on-site signage.
This webpage will continue to be updated as new information becomes available from the developer, as the scheme progresses.
For details about other roadworks in the area, please visit One.Network.