Temporary Closures and Diversions

Temporary Closures and Diversions 

Temporary closures or diversions may be necessary while works take place on or near to public rights of way. To do this a Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO) is required.  This Order will be advertised in your local newspaper and on Notices placed on the route and allows you to legally close the route to the public for the duration of the works.

If you need to check the exact location of any of the Public Rights of Way affected by an Order, you can use our interactive map.

If you need to apply for a temporary traffic regulation order or would like to know more infomation please see our Temporary Traffic Regulation Order page.


Long Term TROs on BywaysPDF23/05/2017