About the scheme
Essex County Council is developing a series of improvements in Harlow and funding has been secured to improve the A414 Edinburgh Way/Cambridge Road Roundabout.
Main works include:
- Dual carriageway for Edinburgh Way between Cambridge Road and River Way Roundabouts.
- Upgrade of the A414 Cambridge Road Roundabout.
- Improve traffic signals at the East Road junction with Edinburgh Way, maintaining a crossing point on the A414 for pedestrians and cyclists.
- With the exception of East Road, vehicles that access premises on Edinburgh Way will be prohibited from turning right due to the new central reservation. Vehicles at the East Road junction will be able to turn in both directions at the traffic signals on completion of works.
The video shows a visualisation of the future scheme
The improvement scheme is part of a £15 million investment in the Harlow road network, to manage congestion and support future local economic growth.
Temporary traffic management - August 2020:
As works progress to bring these improvements to completion, regular adjustments will be made to temporary traffic management to support remaining activities being carried out. We would ask you to observe road signs and take additional care when passing through the area.
We will continue to share updates on the proposed traffic managing phasing via this webpage and @essexhighways as soon as details are confirmed.
- Week commencing 3 August 2020: Overnight works
Overnight closure of Edinburgh Way (both directions between Harlow Mill/Cambridge Road Roundabout and River Way Roundabout) between the hours of 8pm and 6am.
Thank you for your continued patience throughout these works.
Visit one.network for further details about these roadworks and others in the area.
Every effort will be made to maintain resident and business access throughout the works, however there may be delays depending on the works being undertaken at the time.
Please note that due to the nature of the work being carried out, dates may be subject to change, for example if we experience unsuitable weather conditions or unforeseen issues. This webpage will continue to be updated as new information becomes available as the scheme progresses.
Thank you for your patience and co-operation while we work to improve your roads.