Terms and conditions of booking and carriage for the DigiGo Demand Responsive Transport services accessible through TravelEssex app
Effective date: 31/03/2022
Last update: 31/03/2022
These terms and conditions of booking and carriage cover the DigiGo Demand Responsive Transport services that can be accessed through the TravelEssex app.
This document should be read together with the TravelEssex Privacy Notice and TravelEssex Terms and Conditions of Service.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING THE DIGIGO DEMAND RESPONSIVE TRANSPORT SERVICES.
Booking a journey on DigiGo Demand Responsive Transport services
- Passengers will only be carried if they have a valid booking and have received confirmation of their booking.
- Passengers attempting to hail the minibus or board it without a booking will not be carried. Bookings must be made using the TravelEssex app or by phone.
- Passengers travelling on a wheelchair must call us to book a journey, to ensure we can transport you safely.
- We will only transport wheelchairs that are crash tested and have the manufacturer’s crash test certificate. We reserve the right to decline a journey if this condition is not met.
- Passengers cannot request multiple stops on their journey, for example request from the driver to stop somewhere to pick some personal belongings up.
- When a passenger has requested a departure or arrival time, the actual time may be slightly earlier or later than the time requested at the time of booking.
- A confirmation of booking does not guarantee that the transport service will operate. For example, we may not operate a full service when we experience issues outside of our control e.g. new Covid restrictions introduced by the government.
- Passengers who have booked but are unable to travel are asked to cancel as early as possible. If a passenger repeatedly fails to cancel, we reserve the right to suspend their TravelEssex account.
- Passengers who book journeys but repeatedly cancel a booked journey for whatever reason, we reserve the right to suspend their TravelEssex account.
Travelling on DigiGo Demand Responsive Transport services
- The minibus may be delayed or cancelled due to factors outside our control such as traffic, road diversions, extreme weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances. This could affect the arrival time of the minibus at the designated pick-up point and/or the arrival time at your destination, which you can track in real-time through the TravelEssex app.
- We do not guarantee that the DigiGo service will connect with any onward travel arrangements. In the event of any cancellation, delay, diversion or the service being unavailable, we shall not be liable for direct or indirect losses, damages, cost or inconvenience that you suffer as a result.
- If a passenger is not at their designated virtual stop at the notified pick-up time, the minibus will not wait in order to avoid causing delays for other passengers. Passengers who fail to turn up at the designated pick-up location will be charged the quoted fare.
- Passengers requiring assistance should advise the driver when boarding and the driver will try to help, subject to COVID-19 guidance.
- Passengers must wear a seat belt and remain seated while the minibus is moving.
- We do not provide or supply child or booster seats.
- Passengers should avoid eating or drinking when on the minibus.
- Passengers must not smoke or vape when on the minibus.
- One large suitcase allowed per passenger (e.g. when travelling to airport).
- Passengers should refrain from any anti-social or unsafe behaviour and should follow any reasonable instructions from the driver.
- Passengers should have regard for the needs of other passengers. For example, vacate seats designed for disabled or older passengers if requested. The designated wheelchair space will be made available for the use of any passenger using a wheelchair.
- Our minibuses have a designated wheelchair space for passengers using a wheelchair. Small prams and folded buggies may be carried subject to space being available.
- Passengers must not leave any belongings or litter behind when leaving the minibus.
- Passengers should not block the aisle of the minibus, for example with bags.
- Passengers should not carry any items that could constitute a safety hazard, for example, weapons, hazardous materials or insecurely packed/wrapped fragile items that could break.
- Standard adult bikes and electric scooters (battery operated) are not allowed on-board.
- Folding scooters and foldable bicycles (e.g. Brompton bikes) are allowed but must be folded before boarding the minibus.
- Passengers are welcome to travel with an assistance dog. No other animals are allowed to travel on our services.
- Essex County Council reserves the right to refuse carriage.
- Lost property will be held for a month (unless perishable) after which time it will be disposed of unless the owner has been found.
- Perishable lost property will be disposed of if not claimed within 24 hours of being found.
- There may be a charge for the return of lost property if the owner is unable to collect it.
- Lost property should be reported by us at email@example.com. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage to passengers’ property including lost property placed under our control.
- We charge a fare for use of the service based on the distance of the journey requested. Before making a journey booking you will be notified of the fare and you will be charged when your journey is complete, provided that we may pre-authorise and hold an estimated amount of the fare on your card before the journey begins. You will be charged at the end of your journey.
- All fares are non-refundable. Fares are exclusive of taxes and other government surcharges.
- If you cancel a booking, we might charge you a fee. Repeated cancellations may result in the suspension of your account, at our sole discretion.
- If you are not present at the time and place designated in your booking, we will charge you the full fare for your booked journey.
- Repeated “no-show” instances may result in the suspension of your account, which is our sole discretion.
- If the interior or exterior of your driver’s vehicle is damaged or dirtied as a result of intentional or negligent acts such as aggressive slamming of doors or vomiting, an additional cleaning, or damage fee may be assessed and charged to you.
Groups of passengers travelling together
- If you make a booking and multiple people are traveling in your party then you, as the account associated with the booking, are responsible for the conduct of everybody traveling in your party.
- When you make a booking, you must indicate how many people are travelling in your party. If you do not and the minibus arrives to pick you up but you have additional guests intending to travel together with you, we reserve the right to refuse service to additional guests or charge an additional fee.
Feedback and complaints
- Feedback on the service is valued and can be provided using the feedback feature on the TravelEssex app or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should you consider that our response to your feedback is unsatisfactory, the council has a complaints process.