Here you can find timetable information, details of fares and the route for the Chelmer Valley Park and Ride. You can also download a map of the site with directions from the map section below.
For information and timetables for the Broomfield Hospital Shuttle Bus, click here.
Park and Ride Timetable
A copy of the timetable can be found in the document section at the bottom of this page.
Fares from 1st August 2018
- Adult fare is payable for passengers aged 16 years and over.
- Child fare is payable for children aged 5 years and up to the age of 16.
- Children under 5 years old travel for free at all times.
- Adult daily: £3.60 (Monday to Friday)
- Adult weekly: £18.00 (conditions apply)
- Adult monthly: £66.50 (conditions apply)
- Child fare - daily £1 (Monday to Saturday), weekly £5, monthly £20.
- Children under 5 years old travel for free at all times
Group fare (up to 2 adults and 3 children):
- Off-peak on weekdays after 10am: £5.00
- Weekends: £3.50 (Weekend special rate will offer better value for 1 adult (£1.50) and 1 child (£1.00) = £2.50).
Special weekend rate:
- Saturday fares for adults: £1.50
- Short hop fare between Anglia Ruskin University and City Centre: £1.00.
Park and Ride tickets are valid for both the Sandon and Chelmer Valley service and allow unlimited travel across the two routes. Tickets issued on the Park and Ride service in Chelmsford are not valid for use on the Park and Ride service in Colchester.
Short hop single fare: 50p – The short hop ticket is only valid between Anglia Ruskin University and the City Centre, and only available from the bus driver.
Card payment can be used to pay for both weekly and monthly tickets. This option is not available on daily tickets due to transaction fees.
Download 'First Bus mTickets' app from your app store. Follow the 'how to' guide to find out more.
Concessionary pass holders travel free after 9am Monday-Friday and all day Saturdays (plus all day Sundays and Bank Holidays if a special service is running).
Satnav users can find the site using the postcode CM3 3PR.
Chelmer Valley Park and Ride is located on the A130 east of Essex Regiment Way, accessed from the Pratts Farm Roundabout.
Cars can exit the site after 9pm automatically through the barrier system. In emergencies customers can contact Chelmsford City Council’s CCTV Control Centre on 01245 606 299 (24 hours).