Consultation - 21 January 2019: Chelmsford Park and Ride - January 2019
Essex County Council is reviewing ticket options, fares and opening days for Chelmsford Park and Ride services.
You can have your say by taking part in the consultation between 21 January 2019 and 22 March 2019.
The consultation proposes the below;
- Raise the child ticket age from 16 to 18.
- A discounted ticket offer when tickets are purchased digitally through an app (12 tickets for the price of 11).
- Closure of Chelmer Valley Park and Ride on Saturdays,
(Note this will not affect the Broomfield Hospital Shuttle Bus as it does not
currently operate on Saturdays). Sandon would remain open for customers wishing to use Park and Ride and would run on a loop route around the city centre.
- Remove the ticket machines on site, cash fares will be allowed to be taken on bus.
- An inflationary fare increase.
To take part visit www.essex.gov.uk/Chelmsford-Park-and-Ride
For more information please see our frequency asked questions.
Buses run to and from the hospital every 23 minutes. Please look out for the new Community Link mini bus which will now run the service. Timetables are available below, at the hospital, Chelmer Valley Park and Ride site and online through Traveline
A pdf copy is available for printing full size.
Map of Park and Ride Routes
Fares from 1st August 2018
- Adult fare is payable for passengers aged 16 years and over.
- Child fare is payable for children aged 5 years and over.
- Children under 5 years old travel for free at all times.
- Adult daily: £3.60 (Monday to Friday)
- Adult weekly: £18.00
- Adult monthly: £66.50
- Children - daily £1, weekly £5, monthly £20.
- Children under 5 years old travel for free at all times
Group fare (up to 2 adults and 3 children):
- Off-peak after 10am: £5.00
Park and Ride tickets are valid for both the Sandon and Chelmer Valley service and allow unlimited travel across the two routes.
Card payment can be used to pay for both weekly and monthly tickets. This option is not available on daily tickets due to transaction fees.
Concessionary pass holders travel free after 9am.
Satnav users can find the site using the postcode CM3 3PR.
Chelmer Valley Park and Ride is located on the A130 east of Essex Regiment Way, accessed from the Pratts Farm Roundabout.