Single and return fares are available on most buses and many operators offer weekly, monthly and annual tickets.
For specific details you can contact the bus operators
Here we can advise you on a number of tickets and passes:
Essex Saver - unlimited bus travel for £10
The Essex Saver ticket allows users unlimited same day travel on every registered local bus service within the administrative boundary of Essex County Council, and also into neighbouring authorities, providing the journey starts or finishes in Essex and no change of bus is made outside of Essex.
You can buy the ticket on the first bus you board. It is not available as a weekly or monthly ticket and it cannot be purchased online.
Information about the price increase can be found here.
The Essex Saver is:
- Issued Monday to Saturday inclusive, on all non-exempt registered local bus services;
- accepted at all times of day, on the day of issue, on all registered local bus services (except those listed below);
- valid on community transport or demand responsive based services being used to replace or supplement registered local bus services (accepted but not issued).
You cannot buy or use the Essex Saver ticket on the following services:
- Any coach or National Express Coach services;
- X10 Stansted - Basildon (operated by First Essex Buses);
- X30 Stansted – Southend (operated by First Essex Buses);
- X90 Hutton – Lakeside (operated by Ensign Bus);
- 724 Harlow – Heathrow (operated by Arriva);
Tickets will be valid but not issued on Transport for London bus services starting or finishing in Essex;
Sunday Saver - unlimited Sunday bus travel for just £4.20!
The Sunday Saver ticket is an all-day ticket valid for any Sunday/bank holiday bus journey* or combination of journeys within the administrative boundary of Essex.
(Family tickets can be used by 2 adults and 2 children or 1 adult and 3 children.)
*Essex Sunday Saver is valid for travel on all Essex County Council contracted services and most commercial services in Essex. The ticket can only be purchased within the county of Essex on all Sunday/Bank Holiday bus services operated under contract to Essex County Council, and most commercial services. Whilst the ticket cannot be purchased on buses outside of Essex (i.e. Thurrock, Southend, Hertfordshire, Suffolk and London), they can be used for journeys from these areas into Essex. For travel wholly within Essex where the fare is equal to or greater than a Sunday Saver then a Sunday Saver Ticket MUST be issued.
They are not valid (issued or accepted) on the following services:
- 132 - Cambridge to Saffron Walden (operated by C.G. Myall)
- 133 - Colchester/Braintree to Stansted Airport (operated by Arriva)
- 510 - Harlow to Stansted Airport (operated by Arriva)
- Greenline 724 - Harlow to Heathrow Airport (operated by Arriva)
- X10 - Basildon to Stansted Airport (operated by First Essex)
- X30 - Southend to Stansted Airport (operated by First Essex)
- Transport for London Services 20, 167, 397 & 498.
The conditions of the scheme document is available in the Documents section below