About the scheme:
- Improvements are planned for the A176 Nethermayne/Dry Street junction located in Dunton, Basildon.
- The scheme is part of a section 106 planning condition granted by Basildon Borough Council (Planning Application 12/01080/OUT), for the Redrow Homes Development located on land north of Dry Street.
- A signalised junction at Dry Street with Nethermayne
- The dualling of Nethermayne from Dry Street to the hospital roundabout
- The widening and reconstruction of Dry Street including the provision of a footway on the northern side
- Street lighting will also be replaced and upgraded.
This improvement scheme is designed to increase the capacity of the A176 at the junction by adding vehicle capacity, improving the flow of traffic. It is also designed to provide safer access to Dry Street from/to Nethermayne.
When will the work take place?
The works will be progressed in a phased approach.
Contractors appointed by Redrow Homes will begin works in the early January 2017 to widen and reconstruct Dry Street.
All works are anticipated to be complete by the end of Winter 2017, subject to suitable weather conditions or unexpected issues.
Work will typically take place between the hours of 7am and 7pm although some extended hours and weekend working will be utilised.
Dry Street - Temporary road closure:
A temporary closure of Dry Street from its junction with One Tree Hill and the junction with Fobbing Farm Close (approximately 900 metres) is necessary to support the works. This is because Dry Street is a narrow road and to minimise the disruption to the network as a whole and to support safety of the public and the workforce.
A signed diversion has been put in place and information advertised on site and in advance of the road closure.
Access to residential and business properties will be maintained during the works.
The developer will provide the necessary notifications to local residents, businesses and interested parties in advance of the works including on site signage.
Further information about the scheme will be made available on this webpage as the scheme develops, however on site signage will provide the most up to date information about the work programme.
Plans of the scheme are available in the document section below. Additional roadworks information can also be found from the following website: www.roadworks.org.
Callum Baines, Natta Building Company Ltd - telephone: 07786 916952