Here you can find timetable information, details of fares and the route for the Chelmer Valley Park and Ride. You can also download a map of the site with directions from the bottom of this page.
- Adult daily: £3
- Adult weekly: £15 (conditions apply)
- Adult monthly: £55 (conditions apply).
- Children (aged between five and 16 years old): daily £1, weekly £5 and monthly £20 per month. Please note, children four years old and under will continue to travel for free at all times.
- Saturday fares for adults will be £1.50, with children 16 years old and under continuing to travel for free.
Concessionary pass holders travel free after 9am Monday-Friday and all day Saturdays (plus all day Sundays and Bank Holidays if a special service is running).
Routes and timetables
You can now download the timetables for this route in pdf format.
Cars can still exit the site after 7pm either automatically through the barrier system or by calling Chelmsford City Council’s CCTV Control Centre on 01245 606 210.
For passengers wishing to continue their journey by public transport, the Duke Street bus stop is within easy walking distance of Chelmsford railway station and bus station.
Satnav users can find the site using the postcode CM3 3PR.
Chelmer Valley Park and Ride is located on the A130 east of Essex Regiment Way, accessed from the Pratts Farm Roundabout.
Terms and conditions of travel
1. The purchase of a weekly or monthly ticket does not guarantee that a parking space will be available.
2. Holders of concessionary passes may travel free after 9am Monday to Friday and all day on Saturday.
3. Buses will stop at designated stops within Chelmsford City centre only. The route will take you from the site via Essex Regiment Way and Chelmer Valley Road, through the Anglia Ruskin University campus, New Street, Victoria Road, Duke Street, New London Road and Victoria Road South, before heading back via Victoria Road and Anglia Ruskin University and returning to the site.
4. The use of the Park and Ride facility requires vehicles to be parked in appropriate marked bays. The car park is for users of the Park and Ride bus service only. For further details on the car park conditions please consult site staff.
5. Overnight parking is not permitted at the Park and Ride facility and 24-hour CCTV is in operation to monitor this.