Here you can find timetable information, details of fares and the route for the Sandon Park and Ride. You can also download a map of the site with directions from the bottom of this page.
Adult fare is payable for passengers aged 16 years and over. Child fare is payable for children aged between 5-15 years. Children aged 4 years and under will continue to travel for free at all times.
- Adult daily: £3 (Monday to Friday)
- Adult weekly: £15 (conditions apply)
- Adult monthly: £55 (conditions apply)
- Children (aged between 5 and 15 years inclusive) - daily £1, weekly £5, monthly £20. Children under 5 years old travel for free at all times
Special weekend rate:
- Saturday fares for adults : £1.50
- Children aged under 16 years travel for free
Park and Ride tickets are valid for both the Sandon and Chelmer Valley service and allow unlimited travel across the two routes.
Concessionary pass holders travel free from 9am Monday-Friday and all day Saturdays (plus all day Sundays and Bank Holidays if a special service is running).
Routes and timetable
You can now download a pdf timetable of the routes.
If your departure from the town centre is after 7pm, your Park and Ride ticket will be valid on First Essex bus services 31, 31X and 36, which will stop at the Park and Ride site. For more information about the times please see the timetables.
Passengers travelling to Anglia Ruskin University via the Sandon Park and Ride can alight at Victoria Road South to catch the Chelmer Valley Park and Ride service. The Chelmer Valley service will stop at the university.
Cars can still exit the site after 7pm either automatically through the barrier system. In emergencies customers can contact Chelmsford City Council’s CCTV Control Centre on 01245 606 710 (24 hours).
For passengers wishing to continue their journey by public transport, the Duke Street bus stop is within easy walking distance of Chelmsford railway station and bus station.
Satnav users can find the A12/A414 junction adjacent to the site by using postcode CM2 7RU.
This is not an exact match for the location, so drivers must follow the P&R signs once they reach the junction to access the site.
Terms and conditions of travel
1. The purchase of a weekly or monthly ticket does not guarantee that a parking space will be available.
2. Holders of concessionary passes issued by Essex County Council or District Councils within Essex may travel free after 9am Monday to Friday and all day on Saturday. Holders of concessionary passes issued outside of Essex can travel for free after 9.00am but may need to show the driver their pass.
3. Buses will stop at designated stops within Chelmsford City centre only. The route will take you from the site via the Baddow bypass dedicated bus lane, along Parkway, up Victoria Road South into Duke Street, before continuing along the New London Road, back onto Parkway and back to the site.
4. The use of the Park and Ride facility requires vehicles to be parked in appropriate marked bays. The car park is for users of the Park and Ride bus service only. For further details on the car park conditions please consult site staff.
5. Overnight parking is not permitted at the Park and Ride facility and 24-hour CCTV is in operation to monitor this.