Here you can find timetable information, details of fares and the route for Colchester Park and Ride.
Concessionary pass holders travel free after 9am Monday-Friday and all day Saturdays. If you have a concessionary bus pass you do not need to use the ticket machines. When you use the Park and Ride for the first time you need to take your pass and vehicle registration details to the help desk in the Park and Ride building to register, which you only need to do once.
Parking for football matches and events at the Weston Homes Community Stadium is available for £3 per car. The car park has extended opening times on these occasions.
Routes and timetables
Buses leave at least every 15 minutes from Monday to Saturday from 7am, with bus priority measures along the route and journey times of as little as 8 minutes to Colchester Station and 12 minutes to the Town Centre. The last bus leaves the town centre shortly before 7pm in the evenings.
The routes and timetables for this service are available from Traveline or you may download a PDF version below.
A PDF version of the route map is available to download at the bottom of this page.
(Click on the links to download a PDF of the timetable)
For passengers wishing to continue their journey by public transport, the Colchester Station bus stops are just outside Colchester railway station and the St Johns stop is a short walk from Colchester bus station.
The Park and Ride is just off Junction 28 of the A12, opposite Colchester’s Community Stadium, and only a couple of minutes from both the Spring Lane and Crown Interchange junctions. 1000 car park spaces are available.
Satnav users can find the site using the following address:
Colchester Park and Ride
Cuckoo Farm Way
Off A12 Junction28
Cars can exit the site up to 7.30pm automatically through the barrier system. Emergency contact details are available on site should customers require them.
Terms and conditions of travel
1. The purchase of a weekly or monthly ticket does not guarantee that a parking space will be available.
2. Holders of concessionary passes issued by Essex County Council or District Councils within Essex may travel free from 9am Monday to Friday and all day on Saturday.
3. Buses will stop at designated stops only. The route will take you from the site via the Northern Approach Road, Station Way, North Station Road, North Hill, High Street, Queen Street, Osborne Street, St John’s Street, Head Street, and back onto North Hill to return to the site.
4. The use of the Park and Ride facility requires vehicles to be parked in appropriate marked bays. For further details on the car park conditions please consult site staff.
5. Overnight parking is not permitted at the Park and Ride facility and 24-hour CCTV is in operation to monitor this.