Here you can find timetable information, details of fares and the route for the Chelmer Valley Park and Ride. You can also download a map of the site with directions from the bottom of this page. For information and timetables for the Broomfield Hospital Shuttle Bus, click here.
- Adult daily: £3 (Monday to Friday)
- Adult weekly: £15 (conditions apply)
- Adult monthly: £55 (conditions apply)
- Children (aged between 5 and 15 years inclusive) - daily £1, weekly £5, monthly £20.
- Children under 5 years old travel for free at all times
Special weekend rate:
- Saturday fares for adults: £1.50
- Children aged under 16 years travel for free
Park and Ride tickets are valid for both the Sandon and Chelmer Valley service and allow unlimited travel across the two routes.
Short hop single fare: 50p – The short hop ticket is only valid between Anglia Ruskin University and the City Centre, and only available from the bus driver.
Concessionary pass holders travel free after 9am Monday-Friday and all day Saturdays (plus all day Sundays and Bank Holidays if a special service is running).
Routes and timetables
You can now download the timetables for this route in pdf format.
Cars can still exit the site after 9pm (Chelmer Valley only) automatically through the barrier system. In emergencies customers can contact Chelmsford City Council’s CCTV Control Centre on 01245 606 710 (24 hours).
For passengers wishing to continue their journey by public transport, the Duke Street bus stop is within easy walking distance of Chelmsford railway station and bus station.
Satnav users can find the site using the postcode CM3 3PR.
Chelmer Valley Park and Ride is located on the A130 east of Essex Regiment Way, accessed from the Pratts Farm Roundabout.
Terms and conditions of travel
1. The purchase of a weekly or monthly ticket does not guarantee that a parking space will be available.
2. Holders of concessionary passes issued by Essex County Council or District Councils within Essex may travel free from 9am Monday to Friday and all day on Saturday. Holders of concessionary passes issued outside of Essex can travel for free after 9.00am but may need to show the bus driver their pass.
3. Buses will stop at designated stops within Chelmsford City Centre only. The route will take you from the site via Essex Regiment Way and Chelmer Valley Road, through the Anglia Ruskin University campus, New Street, Victoria Road, Duke Street, New London Road and Victoria Road South, before heading back via Victoria Road and Anglia Ruskin University and returning to the site.
4. The use of the Park and Ride facility requires vehicles to be parked in appropriate marked bays. The car park is for users of the Park and Ride bus service only. For further details on the car park conditions please consult site staff.
5. Overnight parking is not permitted at the Park and Ride facility and 24-hour CCTV is in operation to monitor this.