Sunday Christmas Shopping - 14 November 2017: Sandon Park and Ride open for Sunday Christmas Shopping
26 November, 3 December, 10 December and 17 December 2017 (Closed on Christmas Eve)
Day tickets £1.50 for adults.
Free for under 16s and concessionary pass holders.
Buses run every 15 minutes from 9am until 5pm* from Sandon Park and Ride site (CM2 7RU).
*The last Park and Ride bus will leave the city centre at 5.07pm.
After this time Park and Ride tickets are transferable for use on the 33 bus service – which leaves Chelmsford on Sundays at 5.48pm, 7.48pm or 9.48pm – and the 36 service – which leaves Chelmsford at 6.48m and 8.48pm. Both services will pick up Park and Ride ticket holders at Duke Street, New London Road and Parkway bus stops in the city centre and drop customers outside Sandon Park and Ride.
Chelmer Valley will not be open on these dates.
The bus will stop at Mildmay Car Park, Victoria Road South, Duke Street (by Careers Office), New London Road (by Reed Agency), Job Centre (by Marks & Spencer), Parkway, Sandon Park and Ride.
For more information please see the press release
Online Survey - 24 October 2017: Chelmsford Park and Ride
Essex County Council is carrying out a short on-line survey to gather feedback and views about the current Chelmsford Park and Ride services at both Chelmer Valley and Sandon. We would like to hear from the people who use the service and from those who do not.
The online survey is live from today, 24th October 2017 until 21st November 2017
To complete the survey please click on the link below:
Your feedback is important to us and we thank you in advance for taking the time to complete this survey.
Here you can find timetable information, details of fares and the route for the Chelmer Valley Park and Ride. You can also download a map of the site with directions from the map section below.
For information and timetables for the Broomfield Hospital Shuttle Bus, click here.
Park and Ride Timetable
A copy of the timetable can be found in the document section at the bottom of this page.
- Adult daily: £3.50 (Monday to Friday)
- Adult weekly: £17.50 (conditions apply)
- Adult monthly: £64.50 (conditions apply)
- Children (aged between 5 and 15 years inclusive) - daily £1, weekly £5, monthly £20.
- Children under 5 years old travel for free at all times
Special weekend rate:
- Saturday fares for adults: £1.50
- Children aged under 16 years travel for free
Park and Ride tickets are valid for both the Sandon and Chelmer Valley service and allow unlimited travel across the two routes. Tickets issued on the Park and Ride service in Chelmsford are not valid for use on the Park and Ride service in Colchester.
Short hop single fare: 50p – The short hop ticket is only valid between Anglia Ruskin University and the City Centre, and only available from the bus driver.
Card payment can be used to pay for both weekly and monthly tickets. This option is not available on daily tickets due to transaction fees.
Download 'First Bus mTickets' app from your app store. Follow the 'how to' guide to find out more.
Concessionary pass holders travel free after 9am Monday-Friday and all day Saturdays (plus all day Sundays and Bank Holidays if a special service is running).
Satnav users can find the site using the postcode CM3 3PR.
Chelmer Valley Park and Ride is located on the A130 east of Essex Regiment Way, accessed from the Pratts Farm Roundabout.
Terms and conditions of travel
- The purchase of a weekly or monthly ticket does not guarantee that a parking space will be available
- Holders of concessionary passes issued by Essex County Council or District Councils within Essex may travel free from 9am Monday to Friday and all day on Saturday. Holders of concessionary passes issued outside of Essex can travel for free after 9.00am but may need to show the bus driver their pass.
- Buses will stop at designated stops within Chelmsford City Centre only. The route will take you from the site via Essex Regiment Way and Chelmer Valley Road, through the Anglia Ruskin University campus, New Street, Victoria Road, Duke Street, New London Road and Victoria Road South, before heading back via Victoria Road and Anglia Ruskin University and returning to the site.
- The use of the Park and Ride facility requires vehicles to be parked in appropriate marked bays. The car park is for users of the Park and Ride bus service only. For further details on the car park conditions please consult site staff.
- Overnight parking is not permitted at the Park and Ride facility and 24-hour CCTV is in operation to monitor this.
Cars can exit the site after 9pm automatically through the barrier system. In emergencies customers can contact Chelmsford City Council’s CCTV Control Centre on 01245 606 210 (24 hours).