Here you can find timetable information, details of fares and the route for the Chelmer Valley Park and Ride. You can also download a map of the site with directions from the map section below.
For information and timetables for the Broomfield Hospital Shuttle Bus, click here.
Mobile payments available from 1 July 2017 on Sandon Park and Ride - Download 'First Bus mTickets' from your app store. Select the 'how to' guide below to find out more.
Park and Ride Timetable
A new Park and Ride timetable began in August 2016. A copy of the new timetable can be found in the document section at the bottom of this page.
Changes to the service include pre-7am buses from Chelmer Valley. Buses now run from Chelmer Valley through the city centre to Sandon and vice versa. The new timetables for each stop are available below.
Chelmer Valley customers using the Job Centre stop are advised to use neighbouring Mildmay Car Park or Victoria Road South stops for return journeys to Chelmer Valley.
Cars can still exit the site after 9pm (Chelmer Valley only) automatically through the barrier system. In emergencies customers can contact Chelmsford City Council’s CCTV Control Centre on 01245 606 210 (24 hours).
Chelmer Valley Cross City Service
CHELMER VALLEY - UNIVERSITY - RAILWAY STATION - CITY CENTRE - SANDON
P&R Chelmer Valley
P&R Stop A Anglia Ruskin University
P&R Stop B Chelmsford Railway Station
P&R Stop C Duke Street
P&R Stop D Reed Agency
P&R Stop E Job Centre
P&R Stop F Parkway
Sandon Cross City Service
SANDON – CITY CENTRE – RAILWAY STATION – UNIVERSITY – CHELMER VALLEY
P&R Stop G Mildmay Car Park
P&R Stop H Victoria Road South
P&R Stop I Chelmsford Railway Station
P&R Stop J Anglia Ruskin University
P&R Chelmer Valley
Fares from 1st August 2017
- Adult daily: £3.50 (Monday to Friday)
- Adult weekly: £17.50 (conditions apply)
- Adult monthly: £64.50 (conditions apply)
- Children (aged between 5 and 15 years inclusive) - daily £1, weekly £5, monthly £20.
- Children under 5 years old travel for free at all times
Special weekend rate:
- Saturday fares for adults: £1.50
- Children aged under 16 years travel for free
Park and Ride tickets are valid for both the Sandon and Chelmer Valley service and allow unlimited travel across the two routes. Tickets issued on the Park and Ride service in Chelmsford are not valid for use on the Park and Ride service in Colchester.
Short hop single fare: 50p – The short hop ticket is only valid between Anglia Ruskin University and the City Centre, and only available from the bus driver.
Card payment can be used to pay for both weekly and monthly tickets. This option is not available on daily tickets due to transaction fees.
Concessionary pass holders travel free after 9am Monday-Friday and all day Saturdays (plus all day Sundays and Bank Holidays if a special service is running).
Satnav users can find the site using the postcode CM3 3PR.
Chelmer Valley Park and Ride is located on the A130 east of Essex Regiment Way, accessed from the Pratts Farm Roundabout.
Terms and conditions of travel
- The purchase of a weekly or monthly ticket does not guarantee that a parking space will be available
- Holders of concessionary passes issued by Essex County Council or District Councils within Essex may travel free from 9am Monday to Friday and all day on Saturday. Holders of concessionary passes issued outside of Essex can travel for free after 9.00am but may need to show the bus driver their pass.
- Buses will stop at designated stops within Chelmsford City Centre only. The route will take you from the site via Essex Regiment Way and Chelmer Valley Road, through the Anglia Ruskin University campus, New Street, Victoria Road, Duke Street, New London Road and Victoria Road South, before heading back via Victoria Road and Anglia Ruskin University and returning to the site.
- The use of the Park and Ride facility requires vehicles to be parked in appropriate marked bays. The car park is for users of the Park and Ride bus service only. For further details on the car park conditions please consult site staff.
- Overnight parking is not permitted at the Park and Ride facility and 24-hour CCTV is in operation to monitor this.
In August 2016, we began running a trial Cross City timetable on both Chelmsford Park and Ride services. We ran an online survey to allow customers to feedback on the changes. In November 2016, we made some further amends in light of those comments.