Online Survey - 24 October 2017: Chelmsford Park and Ride
Essex County Council is carrying out a short on-line survey to gather feedback and views about the current Chelmsford Park and Ride services at both Chelmer Valley and Sandon. We would like to hear from the people who use the service and from those who do not.
The online survey is live from today, 24th October 2017 until 21st November 2017
To complete the survey please click on the link below:
Your feedback is important to us and we thank you in advance for taking the time to complete this survey.
Buses run to and from the hospital every 23 minutes. Please look out for the new Community Link mini bus which will now run the service. Timetables are available below, at the hospital, Chelmer Valley Park and Ride site and online through Traveline
A pdf copy is available for printing full size.
Map of Park and Ride Routes
Fares from 1st August 2017
- Adult daily: £3.50 (Monday to Friday)
- Adult weekly: £17.50 (conditions apply)
- Adult monthly: £64.50 (conditions apply)
- Children (aged between 5 and 15 years inclusive) - daily £1, weekly £5, monthly £20.
- Children under 5 years old travel for free at all times
Park and Ride tickets are valid for both the Sandon and Chelmer Valley service and allow unlimited travel across the two routes.
Card payment can be used to pay for both weekly and monthly tickets. This option is not available on daily tickets due to transaction fees.
Concessionary pass holders travel free after 9am.
Satnav users can find the site using the postcode CM3 3PR.
Chelmer Valley Park and Ride is located on the A130 east of Essex Regiment Way, accessed from the Pratts Farm Roundabout.
Terms and conditions of travel
- The purchase of a weekly or monthly ticket does not guarantee that a parking space will be available
- Holders of concessionary passes issued by Essex County Council or District Councils within Essex may travel free from 9am Monday to Friday and all day on Saturday. Holders of concessionary passes issued outside of Essex can travel for free after 9.00am but may need to show the bus driver their pass.
- Buses will stop at designated stops within Chelmsford City Centre only. The route will take you from the site via Essex Regiment Way and Chelmer Valley Road, through the Anglia Ruskin University campus, New Street, Victoria Road, Duke Street, New London Road and Victoria Road South, before heading back via Victoria Road and Anglia Ruskin University and returning to the site.
- The use of the Park and Ride facility requires vehicles to be parked in appropriate marked bays. The car park is for users of the Park and Ride bus service only. For further details on the car park conditions please consult site staff.
- Overnight parking is not permitted at the Park and Ride facility and 24-hour CCTV is in operation to monitor this.