What is DaRT?
Demand Responsive Transport (DaRT) is an alternative way of providing access to key services in rural areas. Instead of using fixed routes with fixed stops and times, DaRT customers book journeys with the operator in advance and are picked up from an agreed point – often their own home, a bus stop or local place of interest. You can use it:
- To go shopping
- Attend a health appointment
- Get to/from work, school or college
- Visit friends
DaRT operates in the following areas:
- DaRT 1 – West Uttlesford
- DaRT 2 – North Uttlesford / West Braintree
- DaRT 3 – North East Braintree
For more information and a detailed map please download the relevant leaflet below
- DaRT 5 - Operates in the Dengie area and takes passengers along a route including South Woodham Ferrers, Burnham-on-Crouch, Althorne, North Fambridge, Cold Norton and Latchingdon. For further details and a route map please visit the Arrow Taxi website.
To book your DaRT please contact Arrow Taxis on: 01621 874411
Frequently asked questions (FAQ’s)
1. Will concessionary bus passes be accepted?
2. How will hospital appointments work?
When travel is booked generally the return journey time is also booked. You have the option to change it but if it is less than 2 hours’ notice you need to be flexible.
3. Does DaRT mean that passengers can travel every day?
Yes, they can any time, between 06:00 to 20:00 Monday to Saturday. Passengers are asked to be flexible so bookings can be grouped together.
4. Can I use my wheelchair?
Yes, you will need to give details when you book your journey.