You need a licence from Essex County Council to put:
- a skip
- scaffolding, or
- hoardings (temporary board fence around a building site)
on any Essex Highways maintainable assets (e.g. road, pavement or verge).
- You must be a licenced skip or scaffolding contractor, with proof of public liability insurance to £10 million to apply for a skip or scaffold licence
- Only relevant contractors or commercial organisations may apply for a hoarding licence
- Skip applications take at least 5 working days to process
- Scaffolding applications take at least 15 working days to process
- Any monies paid are non-refundable. Please ensure you check you are applying to the correct authority.
Important - New licence periods:
Skip licences are now valid for up to 7 calendar days
Scaffold licences are now valid for up to one calendar month