Essex County Council have identified that Jeffrey Road and Crescent Road in Great Baddow would benefit from investment to improve both roads.
These will consist of:
- Installing highway drainage to the full extent of Jeffrey Road and Crescent Road.
- Carriageway widening improvements.
- Footway widening
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossing points
When will the work take place?
Off carriageway works began on Phase 1 from 3 January 2017 and a road closure implemented from 9 January 2017.
The work is being undertaken in a number of phases to limit the amount of time each residential property fronts the works.
The majority of the works will be undertaken during the day time between the hours of 7.30am and 5.00pm, however some overnight works may also be required to accommodate associated drainage works on Maldon Road, avoiding disruption to peak time traffic.
The programme of works is due for completion in Summer 2017. Dates may be subject to change, for example if the work is completed earlier than planned, or if the programme of works is delayed due to unexpected issues or poor weather.
How will this affect you?
Traffic management/road closures/overnight works:
Due to the extent of the works, full temporary road closures will be required and diversions will be in place for pedestrians and motorists wishing to pass through the area. This information will be displayed on road signage and updates made to this webpage as the scheme progresses.
There will be a period when overnight working may be required on Maldon Road to undertake associated drainage works, avoiding disruption to peak traffic.
Information for residents:
Engineers will systematically work along Jeffrey Road – north to south, section by section before commencing works on Crescent Road, limiting the number of properties affected by the works at a time.
Residents will be contacted in advance of works starting on the phase of work fronting their property with additional information to support them through this period.
We regret that while each section of road is under construction the road will be closed and it will not be possible for individual driveways to be accessed by vehicles. This will affect a small number of residents at a time.
Pedestrian access to properties will be maintained for those who fall within the closed section of road under construction.
Diversions will be signposted to direct pedestrians to alternative routes, bypassing the works and the closed section of road.
Additional information for residents, including frequently asked questions, is available in the Document Section below.
- Residents will be contacted directly prior to works starting immediately outside of their properties and supported as much as reasonably practical throughout the works.
- Please refer to the document section below for additional information about the works and frequently asked questions.
- Please refer to on site signage for and updates made to this webpage as the scheme progresses.
- For more information, please email email@example.com or Essex Highways on 0345 603 7631.