We publish various cycle route maps and provide information on a range of others that are available.
- Basildon, Billericay and Wickford
Various individual route maps are also available for Colchester:
- Greenstead and Salary Brook
- Garrison and Boadicea
These maps are all available to download at the bottom of this page:
Essex County Council also manages 9 Country Parks for you to explore by bike.
- Blackwater Rail Trail - A mainly off road route following the disused railway line between Witham and Maldon. Please note that some unsurfaced sections may be challenging in poor weather.
- Colne Valley Cycle Trails - Four on road routes of around 20 miles each in the Colne Valley. For cost and availability, please check with Braintree District Council.
- East of England Hull to Harwich - A pack from Sustrans covering a 369 mile route along NCN 1 on England's east coast. For cost and availability, please check with Sustrans
- Flitch Way - A recently resurfaced off road route along a former railway line between Braintree and Stansted. (Free)
Cycling Discovery Maps
- Flint and Forge Discovery Map - A 14 or 30 mile route, starting in Stansted Mounfitchet and heading west towards the former home of sculptor Henry Moore.
- Two Rivers Way Discovery Map - A 12 or 25 mile route around the Dengie Peninsula between the Rivers Crouch and Blackwater.
- Witchfinders Way Discovery Map - A 21 or 26 mile route from Harwich to Manningtree via Mistley and the River Stour.